It covers practically everything you do with data on a computer, right from
the earliest stored procedure Eniac/whathaveyou right up to the most minimal
CE or embedded piece of code that runs your morning wake up radio or beeps at
you from your wristwatch.

Do a google on (fraudulent misrepresentation crime act penalties)  It's time
to put this sort of sh*t back where it belongs.

Wesley Parish

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 15:04, Alex wrote:
> Now having re-read the proper patent. I still don't see how they could
> be awarded a patent on what appears to be nothing more that converting a
> data structure defined in one file to a serial stream in another file.
> Sounds like storing a record in a database to me. :-\   I think Borland
> was doing this back in the early 90s in BP7, storing object instances on
> a data stream.  I'll have to check on that.  But it seems so overly
> simple.  Like someone getting a patent on how you dump cerial into a
> bowl in the morning changing its format and then back into the box when
> you change your mind.  You've done it thousands of times and now someone
> comes along and gets a patent on it.  Wouldn't this procedure be
> considered in the public domain?
>
> Alex Janssen

> >you seemto be seeing just soe fragments and not teh whole - recognising
> > well-known tree species but not that you have wondered up to a forest you
> > havne't seen before ;-)
> >
> >Its not that teh patent is something incredibly novel or innovative or
> > that parts of it (or possibly all) probably won't be upheld in court or
> > that there definitely won't be prior art - its just that it is not (as
> > far as software patents go in this regard) somehow entirely bogus or
> > preposterous or would cover all (or even a fraction of) computer-computer
> > communication as people have been claiming.

-----
Mau e ki, he aha te mea nui?