I have visited the OOo Forum site, and read several posts, and posted my own question about a way to format a simple fiction manuscript format.

Here is an example about what I'm trying to achieve:

http://www.shunn.net/format/novel.html

While this is a very basic formatting issue, OOo seems to have difficulty re-creating the example.

A few problems I'm having:

I save each chapter as a different file in case technical problems occur, and to make life easier to edit each individual chapter (file). The page numbering needs to progress through the manuscript, so each chapter (file) needs to start on a different page number. If Chapter 1 ends on page 15, then Chapter 2 needs to start on page 16, etc.

If I try Format > Paragraph > Text Flow > Insert > With Page Style, and then type in the page number I want to start with, a blank page is created as page 1 of each file. This is a workable issue, although an extra page is printed with every file.

If I use the Master Document / Sub-Document method and create a Master Document out of Chapter 1, and then the following chapters as sub-documents, I have an issue with the way OOo starts each new sub-document on a new page. The method explained in the help section does not maintain the required half page of space at the top of each new chapter's first page.

Is there a way to format something that looks like the example in my link above? If not, are there solutions around the corner?

On a side note: OOo is a wonderful program and I commend all those involved with the creation and maintenance of what must be a helluva lot of code.

Do you need assistance in regards to writing any type of documents? I do not have a programming or computer background, but I can write, edit, and explain things clearly. Is there a place for someone like me who would just like to help out?

Thanks,
Mark

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to