Hi there,
I would like to request that compatibility with MS works be added.
I have convinced several people to change to using openoffice who wouldn't
have heard of it otherwise and generally the people I convince are people
who use works and lament not being able to save/open MS word documents for
compatibility with work, uni, other people etc. However, it does cause a
problem that they cant use openoffice to replace works as its not compatible
with their old documents. I think there would be potential to replace works
as the default office package provided with low end PCs, especially after
dell announced that customer feedback was towards more open source tools
being included on dell pcs.
Last night I instructed a friend on switching to open office and
they were thouroughly positive up until I explained that they would have to
open their old documents in works, then copy paste to openoffice and save
again. Although this is trivial to more advanced users, im finding a lot of
non-experts pc users find this to be a scary prospect and I think they would
greatly prefer just being able to uninstall works and install openoffice.
Many thanks and amazing work guys. Open office is incredible, which is why I
do try to convert everyone who gives me an opening!
Dave Chismon
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]