For a start, I think your project is noble, honest, and very nicely done.
In terms of your layout and setup I think you have certainly done better
than 98% of the of the word processing software out there, and trust me I
tried all but four of the ones I have thus far found. Yours is certainly
better than the Microsoft Office suite by some measure, no small part
because it's not costing anyone $240.
But I do have one small suggestion, the greatest word processor I know of
was Lotus Wordpro, and I mourn it's passing. But it did have one cosmetic
tweak that makes a huge different in my mind. In the word processing
program the Text frame was a full 360 box, but rather two side bars that
extended the length of the text body and it had little two little sidebars
on the header and footer for when you wanted to click inside of them. I
realize that this is just a tiny thing that probably affects a small
percentage of mildly OCD type people, but since your website welcomed
suggestions, here's mine, more text bordering options for all the crazy,
cheap people in the world. :-D