Adam wrote:
On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 9:49 PM, Rob Clement <r...@robbev.com> wrote:
Adam
we normally bottom post here.

To insert page numbers in a document.

Step 1 > Insert >footer >Default
Step 2 in the footer type Page and a space
step 3 >Insert >Fields >Page Number

I think that is more or less what you want. I then centre the footer so the
literal page and the page number appear in the middle of the page.

Thanks

Rob

Thanks Rob. I tried your suggestion and it puts the page number on the cover
sheet which I don't want :(

Also, sorry for top posting.....

Adam

Adam,

You will need two page styles.  On the first/cover page do not add the
footer.  On the second/body have the footer.  It is best to not use the
Default page style as these is what OO.o uses when you start a new
document.  If you want I will send you a sample file that I have setup
that you can use to build your own template.

Andy