Den 2010-09-01 03:21:30 skrev Bob Runkel <brun...@comcast.net>:

How does one sum a series of columns?  I looked at your documentation and
could not figure it out.

How do you mean? Do you have several columns where each column has a lot of rows and you want to sum the whole range?

This sums everything in the range A1:X100:
=SUM(A1:X100)

If the columns have a different number of rows, this is probably a working example:
=SUM(B4:B47;C4:C53;D4:D23)

Also,
Ho does one multiply two columns?

This one multiplies everything in A1:A100 and B1:B100. Is this what you want to do?
=PRODUCT(A1:B100)

There is also a function called SUMPRODUCT(), but I find it unlikely that this is what you are looking for.

--
Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg