On Wednesday 17 Nov 2010 13:25:29 Sabiazoth wrote:
> Well, with that said, you said a mouthful.  You can't really complain what
> is free, can you, David?  You sure put a lid on my mouth.  Thank you for
> pointing out the importance of free software.  I must say, I probably won't
> complain any longer.  It is true that with Microsoft Office you can do more
> stuff than what you can do with Open Office; but unlike Open Office,
> Microsoft Office tends to empty out your pockets.

Actually OOo will do quite a bit more than MSO,

Handle multiple nonnative file formats
Run on Multiple platforms, MacIntel, Linux, BSD, Solaris, Windows and others
too many to list
Is available in over a hundred languages
one click export to PDF
Edit PDFs
Create PDF forms

Doesn't matter that it's free, I'd still pay for it, more in fact, than I'd be
willing to pay for MSO that's for certain

Cheers
GL

--
Graham Lauder,

INGOTs Assessor Trainer
(International Grades in Open Technologies)
www.theingots.org