*My computer lost my WORD program.  I had an important Personal Journal that
I've created since Sept 17, 2007.*
*That's the date of my spinal cord injury and I keep this as a log to my
learning through my new life in a wheelchair.*
**
*I was frantic that I was so afraid that I could not retreive this, since
the Word Program disappeared somehow.*
**
*I looked on the internet and thougth that Open Office would allow me to
open all of my important info in my Documents.*
*Well I downloaded OpenOffice, and I was able to open my documents, that
otherwise were not readable.  I was so *
*glad that everything was not lost...*
**
*My husband got me another Word program and installed in on my computer.  My
open office documents that I had*
*saved turned into READ ONLY.  I don't know why since I did not initiate
this.  I tried to copy and paste into a Word*
*document so that I could still edit my documents.  Well guess what, open
office would not allow me to copy and*
*paste.  I had to open an open office document and type it all over again in
Word, just to be able to edit my documents.*
**
*It created a nightmare for me so I thought that I should uninstall the Open
Office to get out of this problem.  Guess what?*
*It will not permit me the privilege of removing or uninstalling....  Even
when I am processing the uninstallation, as it*
*is stated that it is being uninstalled, the words below this sentence state
that the open office program is being installed.*
**
*I want to get this off of my computer....  What can I do?  Your website
does NOT address removing, but just downloading*
*or installing...  There must be a trick to this, but it surely isn't
anywhere to be found..*
**
*I manage meetings for the Charleston, SC Spinal Cord Injury Association,
and there are many important documents that*
*I DO NOT WANT TO TAKE THE TIME TO RETYPE, since I can not copy and
paste...  Our meeting on Feb. 8th will*
*sure have this as a topic so that everyone will know about this
difficulty.  I will let them know if this is handled*
*professionally with consideration and appreciation of all the extra work
that Open Office has created for me...*
**
*Anxiously awaiting the SOLUTION....*
**