On 08/23/2011 06:51 PM, drew jensen wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-08-23 at 17:37 -0700, NoOp wrote:
>> On 08/23/2011 08:53 AM, RA Brown wrote:

>> > There are discussions going on at the ooo-...@incubator.apache.org .
>> > These discussions relate to where the mailing list are needed are not.
>> > We are needing feedback so please let the mailing list at Apache know if
>> > you depend on these list for support.  If not and are willing to use
>> > forums that is also needs to be known.
>>
>> The answer is quite simple:  notify all posters in the thread that their
>> will be closed immediately and transferred to a web forum site instead.
>> Oh, and by the way, it may take 1-2 months to get the new forum setup.
>> See what their reaction is...
>
> hmm - no one is saying no mailing lists, it is about how many.
>
> Most of the conversation, currently, is about the user mailing list.

Then they are welcome to come over here to the discuss mailing list
which, btw, is already set up to discuss such issues.

I've been wading my way through the threads over there & quite honestly
have yet to decide whether I will add my 2 cents.

> As for needing months to setup a forum - really? They are on-line
> today..have been for years. You can even choose which one you want to
> use, or none.
Hmmm... OK. It was 'tongue-in-cheek' Drew. I'll not even comment on the
Sun->Oracle lists transition :-) But I will add this; if OOoA goes to
forums only, then I'll not be participating.