On 8/24/2011 7:34 PM, gabriel chase wrote:
Hello, I need to discuss something that's happening in my program. A
friend of mine says he seems to have hit something after he downloaded
the program so that each file in Office is only 20% there and the text
document cuts off in the middle of a word. He has re-installed the
program twice and the files are still 20%. Then the file showed up
with strange punctuation marks all through the text when my friend
tried to transfer the text from Wordpad again a couple more times. If
you could get back to me as soon as you can I would be grateful. Thank
you for your time.

I would not try to transfer text between WordPad and OpenOffice unless you can save the files in either program as straight text files before transferring them to the other program.

I realize you will lose formatting in doing so, but you should preserve your text.

Bill