>As following topology, two VMs communicate via Vxlan tunnel.
>TCP pkts may be droped for exceeding the mtu of host DPDK port in br2.
>Now I can change the VMs' mtu from default to smaller to accommodate the
>traffics, it works well.
>
>The way I have not find to change mtu of DPDK phy port, is there a
>blueprint for supporting this by ovs, like "ovs-appctl
>netdev-dpdk/set-xxx" or another way?
>
>         Host1                  |                     Host2
>                     (l-ip)-   L3    -(r-ip)
>-----   -----        -----     |     -----       -----  ----- -----
>|VM1| --|br1|Vxlan --|br2|DPDK---DPDK|br2|--Vxlan|br2|--|br1|--|VM2|
>-----   -----        -----     |     -----       -----  ----- -----

Hi,

There is currently no way to configure the MTU of a DPDK phy port at runtime.

Theoretically, enabling jumbo frames and adjusting the dev's max_rx_pkt_len in
the rte_eth_conf, (and consequently, the size of mbufs in the mempool) could
work; however, OVS sets the MTU for all ports to the minimum of the
non-datapath ports, so you might need to play around with it. This is something
that I plan on looking at in the next few weeks (compile-time option, not
runtime).

Thanks,
Mark