Regards
_Sugesh

From: discuss [mailto:discuss-boun...@openvswitch.org] On Behalf Of Advith
Nagappa
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 2:18 AM
To: discuss@openvswitch.org
Subject: [ovs-discuss] OVS + Mininet

Hi ,

I was running mininet with userspace ovs (mn --switch user)(h1, h2 and s1)

I notice that if i run ovs-vsctl show utility in a host, it does not show the
topology.

root@cep-VirtualBox:/home/cep# ovs-vsctl show

1ab72bfb-a279-47b1-9980-efd5aa8e2ab4

When I run mininet normally (mn) (h1, h2, s1)

root@cep-VirtualBox:/home/cep# ovs-vsctl show
1ab72bfb-a279-47b1-9980-efd5aa8e2ab4
    Bridge "s1"
        Controller "ptcp:6634"
        Controller "tcp:127.0.0.1:6633<http://127.0.0.1:6633>"
            is_connected: true
        fail_mode: secure
        Port "s1"
            Interface "s1"
                type: internal
        Port "s1-eth1"
            Interface "s1-eth1"
        Port "s1-eth2"
            Interface "s1-eth2"

Is this the expected behavior? One would think that in both the cases the
topology is the same, except that the userspace completely avoids the kernel
datapath. What am I missing?
[Sugesh] As discussed before in the previous mail, Have you had look at the
ovs_vswitchd.log?
This must be something to do with how mininet configures OVS, given that the
the ping still works even after killing all the vswitch related process.

Best Regards
Advith Nagappa