John,

At this time in the Handler class, the 501 status is used for 2 cases :
 - the method of the request is unknown (not a GET, PUT, etc),
 - the method is known, but there is no handler for the resource.

I think we all agree that 501 status fits the first case. But, for the
second case, I would like to ask the following question : if the response
status is 405, is it possible to define the allowed methods for the resource
though the resource cannot be handled?
I wonder if status 404 should be used instead in this case.

Regards,
Thierry Boileau