Hello Yuri,

Thanks for your report. I will complete the documentation because, as you point, there are 2 ways for configuring the repositories. I must say that I've chosen the global configuration because it was the one I met on several Web sites.

You can set this in your settings.xml file to globally use a certain mirror, however, as written on Maven's site, it seems common for a project to customise the repository in their pom.xml.

Best regards,
Thierry Boileau

We listened to your feed-back and decided to launch dedicated Maven repository. It is freely accessible from http://maven.restlet.org and contains all Restlet JARs and third party dependencies that aren't available in the main public Maven repository. It will be automatically refreshed on the 1st and on the 15th of each month.

Hi Thierry,
After reading http://www.restlet.org/downloads/maven, I was wondering if adding
the restlet repository to the profile section in the settings.xml is the best
course of action. Wouldnt one want to simply add the restlet repository to
parent pom (or the pom itself if a single module project), for instance? I fail
to see the benefit of doing so.

There are situations where that makes sense use a profile to vary the
respository such as when there are environment changes between a dev and a qa
builds, for instance, but I am not sure I see the same purpose here. Am I
missing something?

In any case, thanks for setting this up!

thanks,

--yuri