Okay this is my problem. I was assuming that i would get the wrapped representation once it hits my resource by i get the DecodeRepresentation instance instead.

Can I configure my Application so that the wrapped representation is sent to my resource class rather than the DecodeRepresentation?

cheers
</jima>
Jim Alateras wrote:
I am trying use gzip for all my representations and use the tunnel filter, on the application, to automatically decode the body before passing it to the router.

This how i encode the rep

new EncodeRepresentation(Encoding.GZIP, new
StringRepresentation(getXStream().toXML(records), MediaType.APPLICATION_XML));

but i end up getting the following error on the server.

java.io.IOException: Not in GZIP format
at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.readHeader(GZIPInputStream.java:132)
        at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.<init>(GZIPInputStream.java:58)
        at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.<init>(GZIPInputStream.java:68)
at com.noelios.restlet.application.DecodeRepresentation.getDecodedStream(DecodeRepresentation.java:138) at com.noelios.restlet.application.DecodeRepresentation.getStream(DecodeRepresentation.java:115) at com.noelios.restlet.application.DecodeRepresentation.getText(DecodeRepresentation.java:189) at au.com.observant.ringocore.resource.syslog.SyslogsResource.post(SyslogsResource.java:103)
        at org.restlet.resource.Resource.handlePost(Resource.java:479)
        at org.restlet.Finder.handle(Finder.java:296)
        at org.restlet.Filter.doHandle(Filter.java:105)
        at org.restlet.Filter.handle(Filter.java:134)
        at org.restlet.Router.handle(Router.java:444)
        at org.restlet.Filter.doHandle(Filter.java:105)
        at org.restlet.Filter.handle(Filter.java:134)
        at org.restlet.Filter.doHandle(Filter.java:105)
        at com.noelios.restlet.StatusFilter.doHandle(StatusFilter.java:87)
        at org.restlet.Filter.handle(Filter.java:134)
        at org.restlet.Filter.doHandle(Filter.java:105)
        at org.restlet.Filter.handle(Filter.java:134)
at com.noelios.restlet.application.ApplicationHelper.handle(ApplicationHelper.java:96)
        at org.restlet.Application.handle(Application.java:293)
        at org.restlet.Uniform.handle(Uniform.java:97)
        at

cheers
</jima>