Jerome Louvel <contact <at> noelios.com> writes:

> As we are getting close to releasing a 1.0.6 and have already fixed a couple
> of issues, I thought it would be useful to provide a testable snapshot:
> http://www.restlet.org/downloads/1.0/current.zip
>
>  - ChallengeRequests with a null realm are properly formatted. Reported by
> Sumit Lohia.

>  - Added some extra checks to prevent multiple starts/stops of Applications,
> Components, Clients, Servers. Reported by Amol Daterao, Joan Picanyol i Puig
> and Christopher Sun.

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for this snapshot of 1.0.6. I confirmed that the null realm bug has been
fixed. Thanks. However, I'm seeing an undesirable side-effect of the "multiple
start/stop" patch that you introduced. I have a testcase where an Application
attached to the Component is unstartable and throws an exception in its start()
method. With your patch, the failed start of the Application, results in the
Clients and Servers being started but the Component not being marked started. As
such, I cannot call Component.stop() to stop the Clients and Servers because it
wants to make sure that the Component is started before calling stop() on the
clients/servers. I'm guessing that you should either not add the isStarted()
check in Component.stop(), or instead catch any exceptions in Component.start(),
and call stop() on the clients/servers/applications that got started.

Thanks.

Sumit