I suspect you want this instead:

  Form headers = (Form) response.getAttributes().get("
org.restlet.http.headers");

per
http://www.restlet.org/documentation/1.1/api/org/restlet/data/Message.html#getAttributes()
and http://www.restlet.org/documentation/1.1/faq#01

The headers are not mapped directly to the attributes, but to this Form
object inside the attributes.  As this facility is part of the Message
class, it should return useful results regardless of protocol and direction.