Florian Schwarz <Florian.Schwarz <at> tngtech.com> writes:

> Hi Brian,
>
> you can manage Restlets and (Restlet-) resources with the
> org.restlet.ext.spring extension in a spring context. Use this classes
> (SpringComponent, SpringResource ...) as your base classes and it is
> simple to configure them with Spring and use it's dependency injection
> mechanisms.
>
> cheers
> Flo
>
> Brian Donnovan schrieb:
> > Hi everyone,
> > i´m trying to setup restlet with spring, i´m wondering, what is the best
> > practise with restlet resources? from my resource (eg. UserResource) í try
> > retrieve the requested data from a db, so what i´m trying to figure out is,
> > whether its possible to manage the resources in spring context (in order to
> > inject a managed UserManager) and finally to attach them somehow to the
> > router/uris !??
> >
> > couldn´t find anything on that, any suggestions ?
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > brian

Hi Flo,
thanks for the hint, i will try it that way!
just one thing, i looked at the springresource class and it seems to not have
much in common with the original resource class. the great thing of the
resource class were the hooks for get,put,post,delete actions and the automatic
trigger mechanism of the right method when a request comes in. that approach
doesn´t seem to exist in the springresource, right ?

brian