> Regarding the conditional GET support, is there any reason why you don't
> rely on the built-in support that we provide for Resource subclasses?

I wasn't aware this support was built-in... is there documentation somewhere
for this? All I needed was to be able to set the Last Modified header and
check for If-Modified-Since. I found how to configure this in the FileClient
but not for dynamically generated resources.

> For immutable dates, something strange is that we also override after() in
> the ImmutableDate and delegate it as well. So everything is processed by the
> same delegate Date instance...

I believe from tracing into the code that java.util.Date.after() doesn't call
any methods on the target Date, it just reaches directly into its instance
fields.

> Could you write a simple unit test illustrating the issue and attach it to a
> new bug report?

I've never written a unit test, but it's probably high time I learned. Do you
use JUnit?

Thanks, Mike