Hi Christy,

Christy Ring wrote:
I wasnt aware of the certificate issue, thanks. I've modified the keytool command to reflect the changes you suggest as follows, deleted the .keystore and recreated it. I assume this is all I have to do with the keystore to get up and running?

keytool -genkey -keyalg RSA -dname "cn=www.vennetics.com <http://www.vennetics.com>, ou=JBox, o=Vennetics, c=GB" -alias vennetics -keypass jbox123 -keystore /Users/christyring/.keystore -storepass jbox123

Yes, this should be sufficient to generate a self-signed certificate, which may be enough depending on your requirements. This is likely to be a problem if you deploy it for a wide audience.

Bruno do you have an application that you confirm this feature works with 1.1-M5? To test myself I modified the keystore, keystorePassword and keyPassword of the BasicHttpServer example that came with 1.1-M5 with my details, nothing else and ran this, it failed. I've pasted the code below with my changes.

final File keystoreFile = new File("d:\\temp\\certificats", "myServerKeystore");
// Component declaring only one HTTPS server connector.
final Component component = new Component();
component.getServers().add(Protocol.HTTPS, 8182);
component.getDefaultHost().attach("/helloWorld", restlet);

// Update component's context with keystore parameters.
component.getContext().getParameters().add("keystorePath", "/Users/christyring/.keystore");
component.getContext().getParameters().add("keystorePassword", "jbox123");
component.getContext().getParameters().add("keyPassword", "jbox123");

I had missed something: now that the Contexts have been split, these settings should be configured in the Server context:

 Server server = component.getServers().add(Protocol.HTTPS, 8182);
 component.getDefaultHost().attach("/helloWorld", restlet);

server.getContext().getParameters().add("keystorePath", "/Users/christyring/.keystore");
 server.getContext().getParameters().add("keystorePassword", "jbox123");
 server.getContext().getParameters().add("keyPassword", "jbox123");

That's certainly something we should clarify in the documentation [1][2].

I've just tried this with a test keystore on OSX with Restlet 1.1-M5 and it worked.

Best wishes,

Bruno.

[1] http://wiki.restlet.org/docs_1.1/g1/13-restlet/29-restlet/99-restlet/46-restlet.html
[2] http://wiki.restlet.org/docs_1.1/g1/43-restlet/153-restlet.html