Jerome,

Inline ...

> Thanks for the good feed-back on Directory.
>
> 1) Could you give more information/pointers? What do you want to transform
> with XSLT, the directory listing?

Yes, the directory listing.  While quite obtuse, in Tomcat there is a
built-in XML directory listing to which you can apply a stylesheet.  Perhaps
you could automatically return different variants?

> 3) You could add a Guard filter in front of your Directory that would deal
> with that, unless the authorization is based on the actual file. Could you
> detail your use case a bit more?

The basic guard isn't friendly enough.  If I have users 'John', 'Fred', and
'Alice', I'd like to have /user/John; /user/Fred; /user/Alice.  Each person
has access only to their own directory (or perhaps some other complex
authorization like groups).

Cliff