More details on the problem would help ... but since I'm seeing Athlon SMP
in your uname, I'd suspect you may be getting JVM crashes when the JVM
recompiles certain classes?  If so, it's a JDK bug that you can work around
by blocking certain classes from recompilation.  Or is it something else?

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=326591