Hi there,

I though I would ask you all a couple of questions about designing Restlet
applications.

I want to use the minimal number of resources that perform operations on
"Users" and display them in different ways using Freemarker.

So I might have some routes like:

router.attach("/users", UsersResource.class);
router.attach("/user/{id}", UserResource.class);

That should handle the basic stuff.

Now I'll need to support the following:

Displaying a user, adding a user and editing a user.

Now for each of these things I might need to do slightly different things.

Display a user --> Load the user --> display with view.ftl
Add a user --> Sets some defaults --> display with add.ftl
Edit a user --> Load the user ---> display with edit.ftl

I can see that I could end up with additional routes like this:

router.attach("/users/add", UserAddResource.class)
router.attach("/user/i{id}/edit", UserEditResource.class)

I don't really want to d this if I can avoid it.

Any suggestions on how I can avoid doing the above?

Thanks in advance,
Matt