De : Jools Enticknap [mailto:jool...@gmail.com]
Envoyé : jeudi 11 juin 2009 10:58
À : discuss@restlet.tigris.org
Objet : Dynamic restlet/routing discovery

Hi All,

Firstly, as a user of the restlet toolkit for over a year now I'd like to
say a big thanks to the authors for developing such a complete and useful
implementation.
You've saved me many a late night :-)

I have been involved in developing a product which is used to manage social
networking data (using opensocial) which uses Jini to locate the services it
needs to service requests for customers.

The product has been developed for over a year now and the combination of
restlet service invocation and dynamic service discovery and routing means
we can add new services, and remove old ones on the fly without impact, or
having to bring the system down.
When we started developing the product, due to a lack of time, and other
requirements we used most of our own code to do things which restlet now
does out of the box.

In moving forward we would like to develop an extension to the restlet
architecture which is more aligned with the way restlet has been developed.

We indend to make the toolkit freely available, and we also intend to
provide hooks into rio for dynamic service SLA management.

Best regards,

--Jools

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2362554