I tried adding a second resource to my sample application.  But it doesn't
fail.

In my actual application I have a scheduled background thread doing a POST
transaction, immediately followed by a GET transaction. The Premature EOF
exception has always occurred in the POST transaction.  Since order does not
matter between these two message exchanges, I switched them around.  After
doing this and trying several different scheduled time intervals for the
background thread, I have yet to see it fail using the
org.restlet.Client.Client using org.restlet.data.Protocol.HTTP or
Protocol.HTTPS.

I can't say "problem solved" but this is interesting and confusing at the
same time.
--
Timothy Aanerud

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2367157