Hi Bruno,

Thanks for the quick response. You comments have spawned some ideas! Although I
won't

get to try anything else for a few days (I'm being pulled in several different

directions by the  management!!), I will get back to it next week and keep the
thread

informed of my progress.

I should point out a couple of things that on second look are confusing.
First, the web.xml that I had in the initial posting isn't something I had been
using

been using while running the code as the Java application I was spreaking of.

The application I got working actually consists of a JAva application main()
that calls the start method of an org.restlet Component class. I created a
class that

extends org.restlet.Component (ServicesComponent) and the main starts it
something like

this

org.restlet.Component component = new ServicesComponent();
component.getDefaultHost()
                     .attach("",
                new ServicesApplication(component.getContext()
                                                .createChildContext()));
component.start();

The ServicesApplication is a class that extends org.restlet.Application and has
the SSL based code that I provided in the initial posting. The SSL based code
was

something I was fooling with that ended working based on information from
http://www.naviquan.com/blog/restlet-ssl, and

http://wiki.restlet.org/books/documentation_book_definition--20081027-003425/publication

s/html-chunked/output/s171.html#s173(without using the the

com.noelios.restlet.ext.ssl.PkixSslContextFactory context factory).

When I started this as a Java application, I didn't need any other relavent

configuration, no web.xml. I don't really understand how but somehow this
starts up a

Jetty Container. I am told (please correct if I am wrong) that somewhere in

org.restlet.Component or org.restlet.Application code there is black box code
that fires

off a Jetty container. We do no special container based configuration for this.

As best as I understand it, to run this "deployed" as a web application in
another

container, I need the web.xml, and need to set the conext-param parameter

"org.restlet.application" to  my implementation/extension of an
org.restlet.Application

as described towards the top of this Javadoc:

http://www.restlet.org/documentation/1.0/ext/com/noelios/restlet/ext/servlet/ServerServl

et.html. This will not involved the ServicesCompont extension of the component
class

that I have in the peice of code above. We actually got the ServicesApplication
deployed

this way to tomcat using Form authentication (with out the SSL code obviously).

Trying to deploy my applicaton to Weblogic is what I was trying to do with the
web.xml.

Bruno, I'm going to try some things based on your input and will let the thread
know how

it works out, or post more targeted questions if I need to. If you can add
anything

based on my clarification here, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again!
-Andy

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2372115