Just offering an unofficial opinion in case Jerome looks at this and thinks
"silly Americans, what do they mean?"  I was actually going to suggest you
look to IBM for this info and then I saw your reply address  :-)

Here is what ASF did to document the Export Classification stuff; we could
create a similar page on Restlet Wiki somewhere:

http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/

The relevant bit is this: Products classified as ECCN 5D002 (crypto and
users of crypto), should follow the TSU exception in EAR
740.139(e)<http://www.access.gpo.gov/bis/ear/txt/740.txt>,
which applies to software containing or designed for use with encryption
software that is publicly available as open source.

Since this horse has been out of the barn for a long time, maybe the present
administration can make this software-as-a-munition nonsense materially go
away.  Here's hoping.

- Rob

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2376927