Hi,

thanks for taking care.

As

xMLHttpRequest.open("GET", link, async, loginName, password);

explicitely supports it, I had assumed it is the standard Ajax way to
transfer the credentials.

But as it is send in clear text in the URL (and deprecated according to
you links)
I now prefer to send it inside a <form> as a hidden field and like
this it is properly protected when send as https.

regards
Marcel

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2423406