Let me also qualify this by describing what i'm attempting to do.

Each URL in my app has misc attributes associated with it. I.e. function seq,
name, weighting, validating reg exp pattern, etc

I'm currently using this to authenticate users to resources.

However, there is some overlap between the pattern i use to match the function
versus what restlet currently provides.

As an alternative, if i could create a custom 'Route' object and populate these
extra attribs on the object, then get hold of the route on the Request, i can
solve the problem that way as well.

Can one get hold of the current 'route' during normal processing? i.e. on the
request?

How would i go about doing the above?

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2440016