After 4 months of release candidates, we are happy to announce that
Prudence is production-worthy. We've been using it very successfully
with numerous in-house projects and for several clients.

Prudence provides Restlet developers with a complete, Restlet-centric
deployment container, as an alternative to deploying via JEE containers
such as Tomcat. As a container, Prudence also allows JSP-like scriptlet
programming, albeit based on Restlet and with many sophisticated caching
features. For more information on using Prudence as a container:

http://threecrickets.com/prudence/manual/restlet-container/

Moreover, Prudence can provide Restlet programmers with an alternative
programming environment, based on one of six JVM languages: Python,
Ruby, Clojure, JavaScript, PHP or Groovy. Use the full power of Restlet
without writing a single line of Java code! This is useful not only for
quick prototyping of REST resources, but also works very well for
full-blown products.

For example, we've had unprecedented success working and deploying with
the "LEMP" stack: Linux, Ext-JS, MongoDB, and Prudence for JavaScript.
Using JavaScript on the server, client and database allows us to stay
within the same coding paradigm throughout the RESTful project and
encourages cooperation within our development teams. We've never been
able to complete projects which such speed before, while having complete
confidence in the products' ability to scale and grow.

I'd like to personally thank Jerome, Thierry and everyone who assisted
on the Restlet mailing list during development! It's been a wonderful
journey.

And now, it's time to think of Prudence 1.1...

Sincerely,

Tal Liron and Three Crickets

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2699853