De : Nick Bonatsakis [mailto:nbonatsa...@gmail.com]
Envoyé : mardi 2 août 2011 01:27
À : discuss@restlet.tigris.org
Objet : Re: v2.0.8 - issue with jax-rs @FormParam and String encoding

Is there really nobody who knows about this? This is a pretty huge issue.

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 9:19 AM, Nick Bonatsakis <nbonatsa...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I'm new on this list but have been a Restlet user for about a year now. I have
encountered an issue whereby HTTP POST form parameters submitted to a jax-rs
based resource are not being properly decoded using UTF-8, therefore
double-byte characters are being destroyed. The following discussion from early
Resetlet 2.0 describes a similar issue:
http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447
<http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2656816>
 &dsMessageId=2656816

The issue is that the code path now seems to be slightly different for a method
like the following:

@POST

@Produces("application/json")

public Object dosomething(@FormParam("par") String param) {}

Stepping through the Restlet source, I can track the issue to the following
method that is reading the stream using single characters:

FormReader.readNextParameter

Has anyone else run into this issue, is there a workaround? If not, can someone
with permissions on the project enter an issue?

Thanks,

Nick

--
Nicholas Bonatsakis