Jerome,

What about my idea of throwing a special exception, something like
"ResponseCommitDeferredException"? Exceptions are an easy and natural way in
the JVM to unwind a call stack. The exception would go up to the lowest
possible level, where it explicitly caught and set to wait. Nothing along the
way would have to know any specific about it.

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2899300