Thank you for the clarification.  I made the changes you suggested (totally
dropping the postJava() method).  I tested this with the Java client (it
worked, no surprise).  I then tested it using the Apigee console - and it
still worked (a little surprise).  Then tested it with a Javascript (using
Restlet's JavaScript edition) and it still worked (even more surprise).

My surprise was that I thought that the "console" client and the
"javascript" client would need a postComment(String jsonString) method and
wouldn't be able to use the postComment(Comment comment).  But that
expectation was incorrect.  I guess both those clients must have Jackon and
Jackson extension jars somewhere on the cp.  (note: I wasn't expecting your
advice to fail, I was expecting my expectations to be broken - although it
may require some time in the lotus position to parse that phrase :) ).

Thanks also for the getChild() suggestion, I am sure that will also come in
handy.

The code is now a little cleaner and if the Restlet folks want me to put
back the postJava() method to help with testing the connection negotiations,
I will be happy to do so.

Thanks again,
RB