I'm sure everyone agrees that conditional GET and PUT are essential tools.
Restlet's support for these is one of the things that drew me to Restlet in
the first place.

But the original question was about conditional POST (if-modified-since
header in POST request). What does it mean? Unless you have defined your
own semantics for this, you'll want to ignore conditional headers in POST
requests, and my response describes a simple way to do so in Restlet in the
edge case where a resource does not support GET.

--tim

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=3003415