I am trying to create a transparent reverse proxy using
org.restlet.routing.Redirector.

For the sake of simplicity let's say all I want to do is to redirect all
requests pointing at

http://localhost:80

to be dispatched to another unrelated server:

http://localhost:8080

I've wrote a simple reverse proxy using Redirector (MODE_SERVER_OUTBOUND mode)
and it actually works as expected in the sense that it dispatches requests
properly and also handles redirects.

But now let's say that resources at http://localhost:8080 are protected with
Digest authentication mechanism.

Now the problem is that headers in requests and responses when handled by
Redirector are removed which makes Digest authentication mechanism unusable.

>From docs WRT MODE_SERVER_OUTBOUND:
----
Note that in this mode, the headers of HTTP requests, stored in the request's
attributes, are removed before dispatching. Also, when a HTTP response comes
back the headers are also removed.
----

Is there any way to leave headers intact so that end server
(http://localhost:8080) and clients could communicate as there is no proxy in
between?

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=3076621