Hello,

I'm quite a newbie with restlet. I'm creating an application with this
resources:

/
/apps
/apps/{id}
/apps/{id}/objects

To attach the different URI to resources I have used the XML component
configuration:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<component xmlns="http://www.restlet.org/schemas/2.0/Component";
        name="AndroPi RESTful server"
        description="Configures NAT and output interface for nodes into the
inner network"
        owner="GRC UPV"
        author="Sergio Martínez Tornell">
        <client protocol="CLAP" />
        <server protocol="HTTP" port="8080">
                <parameter name="tracing" value="true" />
        </server>

        <defaultHost>
                <attach uriPattern="/"
                targetClass="es.upv.grc.andropi.server.RootServerResource"/>
                <attach uriPattern="/apps"
                targetClass="es.upv.grc.andropi.server.AppsServerResource"/>
                <attach uriPattern="/apps/{appId}"
                targetClass="es.upv.grc.andropi.server.AppServerResource"/>
                <attach uriPattern="/apps/{appId}/objects"
        targetClass="es.upv.grc.andropi.server.ObjectsServerResource"/>
"
        </defaultHost>
</component>

It works properly, but now I want to protect the /apps/{id} and
/apps/{id}/objects from non-authorized users.

I have read the book "Restlet in action" and the tutorials available on the
website, but I can't find how to do it.

How can I define a ChallengeAuthenticator to act as a filter to only come of my
resources?

Can I define the ChallengeAuthenticator only for som methods of my resources?
for example to protect PUT or POST but keep GET public.

Thank you very much.
Sergio

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=3078257