Hi all,

On 06/06/2014 12:20 AM, Jerome Louvel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In V2.3 of Restlet API, we would like to introduce automatic conversion
> between Java throwable and HTTP status+body, working both ways (client
> and server sides).

> Would that be useful in your web APIs? Any design feed-back?

Yes, that would be very useful.
In fact, I am already doing something similar.

I have put similar annotations on my exceptions. In the doCatch() of my
ServerResource I process those annotations and send a JSON document
containing error details to the client. The client then uses the
information in the JSON document and converts it to the same exception.

On the server side this works fine but my client implementation is not
as good as you are describing. Similar functionality provided by Restlet
would be very welcome.

Regards,

Ralph van Etten

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=3079995