Hey everyone,
I discovered an issue with the deployment of the restlet libraries in a project
(XWiki) on the current Wildfly 8.1

When trying to deploy the application with the bundled libraries I get the
following error:

[..]
Caused by: org.jboss.weld.exceptions.DefinitionException: WELD-000075: Normal
scoped managed bean implementation class has a public field:
[EnhancedAnnotatedFieldImpl] public
org.restlet.ext.jaxrs.internal.provider.JaxbElementProvider.contextResolver
[..]

A bit of googleing and a peek into the source code showed me, that there is
indeed a public field named contextResolver in the
org.restlet.ext.jaxrs.internal.provider.AbstractJaxbProvider (in version 2.2.2)
which is commented to be public for testing purposes.

Is it possible to change the field to be private and test via a getter Method?
Because like this restlets become unusable on Wildfly, at least on vanilla
Wildfly.

Cheers,
Ole

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=3086295