Since LKML is down you can read the context in the point of view from phoronix.
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTY1MzA

Torrie,
I don’t disagree; a universal init is much needed.  This will help with
segmentation in Linux and improve reliability, documentation, and stability.
The problem with systemd is the approach they are going.  Developers seem not
to test things and want to throw it into mainstream.   Also the concept to
integrated things into the kernel that are not part of the monolithical kernel
I am against.  For anyone who wants to see that is a comparison/breakdown of
init on gentoo’s wiki.
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Talk:Comparison_of_init_systems
I have a feeling the more we talk about init this will turn into a VIM vs EMACs
debate, lol.

Pat,
This has nothing to do with Linus being biased.  The person in question is not
a female or a minority.  His approach is the same when it came to Sharp.  It
was pretty much, can’t write good code that won’t break the kernel get out.   I
don’t know why that whole thing with Sharp blew up.  An example if I am an
owner of a lock company and a person came in and used cheap metal by going
against the standard production methods.  Now these locks are easily broken
into.  I don’t care who you are you are going to reprimanded.

On Thursday, April 3, 2014 10:48 AM, Patrick Regan