Everyone,

At tonight's meeting, please welcome Angelo - "Akron's Bicycling Angel" -
in my book - a living legend.

I am writing this email to set the stage for everyone so that regardless of
whether I make tonight's meeting or not, you all know about him.

*My thoughts:*

I used to work at the Akron Global Business
Accelerator<http://www.akronaccelerator.com/>building and used to chat
with Angelo at Summit
Cycling Center <http://summitcycling.org/>, which is right outside
TinyCircuits <http://tiny-circuits.com/>. At that time I was interested in
learning about how tricycles worked.

There is another location <http://summitcycling.org/locations/> his
organization maintains at Lock3 called the Bike Kitchen. Here is a short
video <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y4DjHde0b4> about the Bike Kitchen
specifically, thanks to the Akronist.

A few days ago, I called Angelo and learned something that made me sad.

Summit Cycling Center is looking to change their focus and moving Angelo's
selection of tools over to the Bike Kitchen is not in their plan. At the Canal
Place <http://www.canalplace.com/> location, Angelo for the past many years
has maintained a workshop of sorts where he has the ability to build a
bicycle, restore broken bicycles, even provide a way for those interested
in buying a bicycle to volunteer their time at the Summit Cycling Center
for one. He stands for any endeavors that include "human
powered<https://www.google.com/search?q=human+powered>"
component, whether they be bikes, trikes, unicycles, boats, planes etc etc.
Literally think Wright brothers here. I call him a legend because of his
knowledge of bicycles specifically. Through Summit Cycling Center, he has
helped countless people appreciate bicycling in Akron.

Angelo informed me that at his 900 sq ft workshop at Canal Place, in the
shortest term:
- he has a lot of stuff in his shop that he would like to sell by the end
of this summer so he can vacate the premises.
- after selling some of his belongings, he would like to complete a few
pending projects in the space left behind so he can earn some income.
- Using this income, he wishes to retire - in a grand way - make a trip
from Akron, Ohio to Italy on a human powered device (think trike with a
trailer) through East Coast to Norway to Europe (yea, pretty cool!) on a
trike with a trailer that he will construct!

When he asked me: 'Can I use tools at Synhak to build things I need for my
journey', I said definitely!

Understand that Angelo has been collecting bicycling related materials for
a very long time. Also, he has until the end of this summer to vacate the
premises. This basically means that he needs all the help he can get.

If you can help him spread the word about him to your friends and family,
that would be great. I'm pretty sure within City of Akron limits and beyond
there's got to be other people who need the tools Angelo has in his
workshop for sale. Well, I'm hopeful for it anyway.

Angelo is a fitting profile of a maker who has been practicing his craft
for a very long time and is now needing some extra help.

I hope we can all welcome him tonight and that Angelo can work on
completing his projects at Synhak, who knows some of his bicycle repair
knowledge might come in handy some day.

Regards,
--
G | Gaurav Narain Saxena | (330) 283 - 4972 | gsvolt.wordpress.com |
@gsvolt

I am a Board Member at SYN/HAK <http://www.synhak.org/>: The Akron
Hackerspace located at 48 S Summit St Akron Ohio
44308<https://maps.google.com/maps?q=48+S+Summit+St+Akron+Ohio+44308>

I am providing technical consulting services to
Sherwin-Williams<http://www.sherwin-williams.com/> on
behalf of Bennett Adelson <http://www.bennettadelson.com/> (Microsoft
Solution Center) located at 6050 Oak Tree Blvd, Cleveland, Ohio
44131<https://maps.google.com/maps?q=6050+Oak+Tree+Blvd,+Cleveland,+Ohio+44131>
I have also been providing solutions to non-trivial problems other
businesses may have through my company Whiskey Bits LLC located in Portage
Lakes, Ohio
Learn more about things I have created by reading my About
page<http://gsvolt.wordpress.com/about-2/> on
my blog <http://gsvolt.wordpress.com/>