= Agenda =

* '''Note Taker:'''  Andrew L

* '''Moderator:''' Becca

== Introduction and Names ==

* Andy – Killed mother nature to build fancy DDR pads

* Philip – Bicycles, photography, and ocassionally computers

* Gene – first time here, wants to see what we’re about

** Heard about us…somehow, has a flier. Oddmall probably

* Angelo – Akrons foremost cycle-mumbles-. Intrested in all things pedal
powered

*Andrew  - crutches about

* Dave – does TV production

* Martha – comes for the lively conversation

* Devin – Builds vibrating devices. Family appropriate

*Steve – Sits up all night playing watchdogs.

* Becca – has 3 days off

*David -

== Announcements ==

* Andy built some DDR pads with Nick and assorted other folk

* Devin- brought out a vibrating table to remove bubbles from molds

** 10lb max

*Akron Civic hacking 5/31-6/1 co-sponsored with OSC techlab

* Philip 5/31 12-1pm  free lunch at Unitarian Universalist Church in
Fairlawn. Groceries(canned goods, etc) to go after the meal, no religious
affiliation required.

*Lathe is up and running, Devin will do training with +3 People

** +3 people applies for welding classes too

* Andrew brought in some metal casting books for people to peruse. These
are not donations to the library

** We do have a library if anyone has books to donate

* Andy swapped the 3D printer filament, it works better now

** also brought out a bigger 3D printer gantry he built out of conduit

*** Becca pushes for a pancake printer

*Board meeting 6/1 agenda to follow

== Membership ==

* No new memberships

== Financial Report ==

* Funds in bank: Awaiting online credentials from the credit union

== Proposals ==

*Eliminate AWS and host SynHak.org locally or offsite

** We’ve had offers to use other people’s servers for free

** suggested to discuss with noc@

** perhaps look at old logs to see if we can just cut processes?

*Eliminate 1 trashcan current costs is ~$50/month

** One can will be ~$35

* Steve will edit and repost proposal to remove Torrie from SynHak

* Proposal to revert to voting on things as worded in the bylaws

** Super majority may be used in certain cases but by default seems
burdensome

*** Such as changing membership rights

**Simple majority for basic purchases

** Concern about members present vs total membership

*** Most issues would be 50/50 but it could have unintended outcomes, it’s
easy for a small group of people to work the system

***Recently we’ve had many proposals and we need to adapt

***The people who regularly participate and attend meetings should be able
to prevent  most attempts to work the system. Currently one person can stop
all progress or discussion on a proposal

*** Generally understood that if you don’t attend or have a proxy you had
no issues with the proposals.

**** Proxy votes must be viewable by all members prior to the meeting

**Philip- I want a comprehensive set of rules for voting. What
circumstances would merit a closed/secret ballot

***closed ballots could be called for by any member in good standing.
Results would not be tied to a name.

*** Doesn’t it run contrary to our transparency?

**** There are some things that are less transparent than others: members
behind on dues, personal information, etc.

***Devin- Voting works, but +50% might be too low. We can adjust that later.

**Concern about rushing through wording that isn’t the best it can be

*** We need a spokesperson for the proposal. The vote will be announced
beforehand any changes to wording will still require the full maturity time.

** Concern about not fitting well with collaboration

**Concerns noted but No Blocks

*PASSED

== Discussion Items ==

* There was talk last week about eliminating the 10% discount

** We do have income issues, we need to make savings somewhere, Having more
cash now does help sometimes

** Philip- if I pay in advance it doesn’t matter if I’m here or not

** Devin- It’s easy to figure out the minimum cashflow applying all
discounts, anything else is bonus

* Steve is working on equipment to liquidate to help bring in cash.

*In light of voting being consented please record the outcome Ie 6/10

*Polite request to voice proxies by 6:45pm before the meeting.

* CWG stuff?

** Some emails were supposed to be sent out. As of today no changes to the
standing proposal

*Garage sale

** We need to have a complete inventory

** If you have free time Please help by organizing in the basement

** Steve will send an email to discuss/announce so the community can have
the chance to review our inventory

** Possible request for donations to sell?

= End of Meeting =