Well, I'll just speak up for the other "dinosaurs" who haven't gotten into Eclipse. :-) I just find that various things I'm used to aren't there, and while I suppose they may be there if I poke around enough, the problem is typical of getting any developer to move from one editor to another. Similarly, some of the great advantages that Eclipse/CFEclipse are ones that I just for now don't need.

I won't deny that at some point I (and others) may simply need to bite the bullet and suck it up. For now, though, I can speak for many who feel EXTREMELY productive in HS+ and just haven't felt a strong enough motivation to move.

/charlie

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of West, Jason
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 8:50 AM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: RE: [ACFUG Discuss] Editor Options for CF7 (Macromedia Studio 8? Homesite? Some other editor?)

What I have found interesting is that the New FLEX developer was built using Eclipse. IMHO if you are wanting to get the latest studio that will be the next IDE for development (not trying to promote but rather keep up) then the Eclipse with CFEclipse might be your best bet.  I am currently working with Cingular and they provide the Dreamweaver Ver 8 on the desk when you walk in.  I loaded the Eclipse with CFEclipse and my only complaint would be that Dreamweaver has an FTP on save where Eclipse/CFEclipse does not.  With our current environment that is a necessity to the developers with our testing servers being on UNIX systems and not on the local box.

Jason