From: Underwood Allen (WJJ1AXU)
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2006 12:32 PM
To: 'discussion@acfug.org'
Subject: XML Formatting in CF5 question

Hello everyone,

I've got an aggravating situation.  We're using CF5 and I'm doing some AJAX interfaces.  My problem is, we have international users that have unicode characters such as o acutes and various other flavors of invalid xml characters...Do any of you know of a way either in XML or in CF5 to escape the characters that will cause the XML to be invalid?

Also, so you know, the values that are causing problems are attributes and not text values in-between the tags...for instance:

<person fName="invalidCharacterShowsUpHere" />

CDATA won't solve my problem and I'm running out of ideas.

Any help would be awesome!

Thanks,

Allen

List hosted by FusionLink