Is this portion a typo wher there exists a space in the #ID#?  Also, try #getIDs.ID#.

<cfoutput query="getIDs">
   #getIDs.recordcount#  --#  ID#<  br>
</cfoutput>

Teddy

On 10/3/06, Jeff Howard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
No offense taken, I thought I explained it fairly clearly.  In any case, maybe this will help clarify the issue.

  Teddy Payne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    Jeff,
Saying that "it worked this morning" is not really the information needed to troubleshoot a problem remotely.  Plase take no offense by that statement if it sounded harsh.

From this thread, I have seen about three people ask if you have opened up the database and the values in the table you are querying has more than 1 value?

  Yes, by working I meant that it accessed the table and returned all the rows I requested. Thus, all connections were correct and functioning this morning.
  Then all of sudden it started returning just 1 record instead of the multiple records it was returning a half-hour earlier.  No change to the .cfm file, just a change in the output.

  When this app quit working I created a new table called "Test" with one column called "ID" and 10 rows with a value of "1-10" for ID.

  <CFQUERY name="getIDs" datasource="sysmods" >
    SELECT ID
    FROM test
</CFQUERY>
  <cfoutput query="getIDs">
    #getIDs.recordcount#  --#  ID#<  br>
</cfoutput>

  I had the same issue with this table that I created just to test if there was something I was missing in my other app.  I broke it down to 1 extremely simple table with 1 extremely simple query and still only got the 1st record.

  This "test app" all of a sudden started functioning properly as well when I hit refresh on the browser after lunch.

  So my issue now is, what are possible causes of this behavior?

The reason also that it sounds incredulous to most of us is that CF really makes it easy to query a database if you have the correct database connection set up in your CF Administrator.

We are just looking for more information to assist you,
Teddy

  On 10/3/06, Jeff Howard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Yes, absolutely positive.  I am getting a return, just 1 row instead of 10 and it was working this morning.

"Dean H. Saxe" < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:   And are you sure Sysmods is the correct DB? Are you connecting to
the same DB with enterprise manager?

-dhs

Dean H. Saxe, CISSP, CEH
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak
minds."
--Einstein

On Oct 3, 2006, at 12:53 PM, Jeff Howard wrote:

> Thanks, but still only getting one record returned and a
> recordcount of 1.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Maybe try this:
> SELECT [id] from test