Ok, yes, that is clearing the cache. (There is also an available API call to
turn the trusted cache on and off, which would be different.)

Indeed, the name of this method is a misnomer: it doesn't clear the
"trusted" cache but instead just clears the template cache. The trusted
option simply controls whether CF should look for newly updated files before

All that said, what's the problem you're experiencing? Is it that you change
CFCs and reload, but don't see them? That may instead be caused by problems
in the underlying Java class files. If you want to confirm it, turn off the
"save class files" option in the Admin, and restart CF (to be safe), then
request your file. Now, that alone may cause it to pick up the changed
files, but you want to go a step further and change the CFC again and reload
it, and confirm if now those are indeed picked up. If so, the "save class
files" was what was burning you.

I've seen this before, but don't know for sure what causes it, though it may
be related to a problem I reported back in 2002 at:

http://cfmxplus.blogspot.com/2002/11/alert-when-cf-will-fail-to-auto.html

The gist was that I observed problems when you move files from one server to
another, where the CFML file being copied has an older datetime that the
file already compiled class file. There were some interesting nuances, but
it may be that just doing a touch to update the file (on the copied to
server) so it's more recent than the class file may solve it. (That was
then, in like 6.0. Things may be different now.)

There are a few ideas to chew on.

/charlie
http://www.carehart.org/blog/