Mary:

We have a nightly dump from PeopleSoft into a seperate database. We use
this information to power our phone book and other human resources related
applications. This approach allows the applications that need this
information to access it without worrying about secure info (like
salaries) leaking out. Since PS is a relational db application, this is
fairly easy to set up.

Sincerely,

Brooks Wilson
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta · 1000 Peachtree Street, N.E. · Atlanta
Georgia 30309-4470
404.498.8178 · fax 404.498.8239 · [EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
02/06/2007 03:43 PM
Please respond to
discussion@acfug.org

discussion@acfug.org
cc

Subject
[ACFUG Discuss] PeopleSoft?

Anyone ever connected ColdFusion to PeopleSoft?  I know squat about PS,
and there is the small potential that my app could connect with it one
day.  This might be nice to connect to the payroll system to validate if
contacts still work here.  But this was just tossed out there today as a
way to accomplish, "Periodic queries of external systems and comparison
with existing contact list identifies discrepancies to be investigated"
(beginnings of BRD).

Mary-Catherine