>From TFM...

GROUPING SETS

GROUPING SETS are a further extension of the GROUP BY clause that let
you specify multiple groupings of data. Doing so facilitates efficient
aggregation by pruning the aggregates you do not need. You specify just
the desired groups, and Oracle does not need to perform the full set of
aggregations generated by CUBE or ROLLUP. Oracle computes all groupings
specified in the GROUPING SETS clause and combines the results of
individual groupings with a UNION ALL operation. The UNION ALL means
that the result set can include duplicate rows.

Within the GROUP BY clause, you can combine expressions in various ways:

*       To specify composite columns, you group columns within
parentheses so that Oracle treats them as a unit while computing ROLLUP
or CUBE operations.
*       To specify concatenated grouping sets, you separate multiple
grouping sets, ROLLUP, and CUBE operations with commas so that Oracle
combines them into a single GROUP BY clause. The result is a
cross-product of groupings from each grouping set.

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 4:32 PM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: Re: [ACFUG Discuss] CF, Oracle 9i, and GROUP BY GROUPING SETS

I know, I know, RTFM, but it has walked off.  What does "GROUP BY
GROUPING SETS" do for you?

Are you sure that's a query, and not a novel in some foreign language?

mcg

Douglas Knudsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

02/13/2007 03:28 PM
Please respond to
discussion@acfug.org

discussion@acfug.org
cc
Subject
Re: [ACFUG Discuss] CF, Oracle 9i, and GROUP BY GROUPING SETS

darn lack of sleep.  might have missed a paren or semi on the copy, but
this is the gist.  The GROUPING SETS is new to me.

SELECT
 RS.REPNAME ,
 U.EMPLID ,
 TO_CHAR(U.DSMDATE,'HH24') AS GROUPHOUR ,
 U.INTERVAL ,

ROUND(DECODE(SUM(DATA9)*RETURN_THRESHOLD(US.BUSUNIT,'DLRCPH',SYSDATE),0,
0,SUM(DATA12)/(SUM(DATA9)*RETURN_THRESHOLD(US.BUSUNIT,'DLRCPH',SYSDATE))
)*100,2 AS DLRATTAINPCT ,
 ROUND(SUM(DATA12),2) AS DLRCALLS ,
 ROUND(DECODE(NVL(SUM(DATA13),0),0,0,SUM(DATA19)/SUM(DATA13)),2) AS
DLRCPH ,
 ROUND(SUM(DATA11),2) AS EPYCOUNT ,
 ROUND(SUM(DATA10),2) AS EPYDOLLARS
FROM
 USER_SUP US
 LEFT JOIN REP_TO_SUP RS
   ON US.EMPLID = RS.SUPID
 LEFT JOIN UNIVERSAL_SUMMARY U
   ON RS.EMPLID = U.EMPLID
WHERE
 US.BUSUNIT = '1234567890'
 AND US.EMPLID = '13579'
 AND TRUNC(U.DSMDATE) BETWEEN TO_DATE('02/13/2007','MM/DD/YYYY') AND
TO_DATE('02/13/2007','MM/DD/YYYY')
 AND (
   U.DSMDATE BETWEEN TO_DATE('02/13/2007 7:00 AM','MM/DD/YYYY HH:MI AM')
AND TO_DATE('02/13/2007 5:00 PM','MM/DD/YYYY HH:MI AM') - 1/24
   OR U.INTERVAL = 1
 )
GROUP BY GROUPING SETS (
 (RS.REPNAME, U.EMPLID, TO_CHAR(U.DSMDATE,'HH24'), U.INTERVAL,
US.BUSUNIT),
 (RS.REPNAME, U.EMPLID, U.INTERVAL, US.BUSUNIT),
 (TO_CHAR(U.DSMDATE,'HH24'), U.INTERVAL, US.BUSUNIT),
 (U.INTERVAL, US.BUSUNIT)
)
ORDER BY
 RS.REPNAME,
 GROUPHOUR

On 2/13/07, Fennell, Mark P. < [EMAIL PROTECTED]