Use your ISP (Earthlink)’s mail servers:

SMTP Server: smtpauth.earthlink.net
Username: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Password: <yourpassword>

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Peyton Todd
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 2:52 PM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: RE: [ACFUG Discuss] How does one use <cfmail>?

Yes, Shane, it turned out to be in the CF Administrator logs. And the problem
was the username and password. (Doug, I did read the material at the url you
provided, and now I've read it again; I still don't see anything I don't
already know about other than the password issue, which of course I read
about earlier, but didn't yet know if it would bite me...).

Anyway, I called USA.net and was told that their server is indeed restricted,
and they'll try to co-ordinate the password issue with a third party (a
middleman between them and my client). But in any case it's not clear that
I'll have access to that username and password myself. In testing it from my
home, does anyone know of a mail server that's not restricted in this way?

Or is there some 'local mail server' on my PC? As I mentioned, when I look
into the Mail icon in the Control Panel there are no profiles there. I could
put one there if I knew what to enter...

Peyton