I've got an application that's been running for years on CF6 and a year on CF7
is choking in a weird way on CF8.  The problem is with Excel spreadsheets that
are copied into a directory that's 4 levels down from the web root are giving a
"500 Internal Server Error." The same file copied one level up is accessible,
but then crashes both IE and Firefox.  These are "real" Excel files that are
copied through the file system, not by code.

This is on a solaris/apache box.  I've verified that directory/file permissions
are the same as they were previously when it worked. Is there something I
should be looking for in the CF admin?

--
Andy Fox
Systems Analyst III