Wild guess: if you use cfcache, the ip address for the machine retrieving the page that throws and error is the server itself because CF internally uses cfhttp to retrieve the page...

: Hi,
:
: I have 2 cfm templates. Error_Exception.cfm and Error.cfm
:
: Insdie the Application.cfm file, I refer the error_exception.cfm file like
:  thisand it works fine. I get error messages as per the code in
:  error_exception.cfm
: <cferror type="exception" template="error_exception.cfm" mailto="some email
:  addr" />
:
: Inside both the files i.e. error_exception.cfm and error.cfm,I have this code
:
:
: Site: <cfif IsDefined("cgi.SERVER_NAME")>#cgi.SERVER_NAME#</cfif>

:
: Recently, for some reason Error.cfm got into play even though I dont reference
:  it in Application.cfm and the mails I got were little different because
:  instead of sitename, it gave me ip address of the machine where the site is
:  hosted and url part also had ip addresss in it like shown below : 1.1.1.1 is
:  an example and ip sent in email to me is the actual ip of machine.
:
: Site: 1.1.1.1
:
: My guess is that this has something to do with IIS because in IIS for this
:  website, I have home.cfm as default content page under Documents tab.
:
: I will go ahead and delete error.cfm file as I dont really need it but I want
:  to know what is causing it to run? Is IIS responsible for this? Has anyone
:  seen something like this before?
:
: One last thing, the error message from error.cfm comes with no errors as far
:  as code is concerned. It has to do with database shutdown etc. see below
: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
: ----
:
: ERROR: Operation failed on the data source named "dsnname". Reason of failure
:  "java.sql.SQLException: Timed out trying to establish connection" <br>The
:  error occurred on line 7.
: Error on C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\sitefolder\Home.cfm
:
:
: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
: ----
:
: ERROR: Operation failed on the data source named "dsnname". Reason of failure
:  "java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Exception
:  generated during defered local transaction handling. See next exception via
:  SQLException.getNextException for details." <br>The error occurred on line 7.
:
: Error on C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\sitefolder\Home.cfm
: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
: ----
:
: Thanks,
:

: --
: <Ajas Mohammed />
: http://ajashadi.blogspot.com
: We cannot become what we need to be, remaining what we are.
: No matter what, find a way. Because thats what winners do.
:  You cant improve what you dont measure.
: Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention,
:  sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents
:  the wise choice of many alternatives.
: -------------------------------------------------------------
: http://www.acfug.org?fa=login.edituserform
:
: Archive @ http://www.mail-archive.com/discussion%40acfug.org/
: List hosted by FusionLink
: -------------------------------------------------------------

Mischa Uppelschoten
The Banker's Exchange, LLC.
4200 Highlands Parkway SE
Suite A
Smyrna, GA 30082-5198

Phone:    (404) 605-0100 ext. 10
Fax:    (404) 355-7930
Web:    www.BankersX.com
Follow this link for Instant Web Chat:
http://www.bankersx.com/Contact/chat.cfm?Queue=MUPPELSCHOTEN

I have 2 cfm templates. Error_Exception.cfm and Error.cfm

Insdie the Application.cfm file, I refer the error_exception.cfm file like this and it works fine. I get error messages as per the code in error_exception.cfm
<cferror type="exception" template="error_exception.cfm" mailto="some email addr" />

Inside both the files i.e. error_exception.cfm and error.cfm,I have this code

Site: <cfif IsDefined("cgi.SERVER_NAME")>#cgi.SERVER_NAME#</cfif>

So if I have error in my code, i get message like this and I know its the error_exception.cfm page which is serving the details

[...]

ERROR: Operation failed on the data source named "dsnname". Reason of failure "java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Exception generated during defered local transaction handling. See next exception via SQLException.getNextException for details." <br>The error occurred on line 7.